This set was a top series monitor / television type in 1984 and was high priced..
It was the first PHILIPS model type introducing the FSQ Screen type with the 45AX System CRT TUBE.
It has many features including:
- PLL Synthesized TRD Type tuning search with 90 Programs preselection.
- TRD (Tuning Remote Digital) RC5 system synthesizer tuning search system which allows perfect automatic search and automatic AFT tuning of each channel for all bands and special channels VHF + S + UHF.
Channel selection is controlled by a frequency synthesizer a sweep of available channels is made by a channel selecting arrangement and this sweep is arranged to be stopped when a signal is received. When the sweeping is stopped a fine tuning arrangement takes control to respond to the frequency of the received signal and to compensate for any drift of that signal, a frequency synthesizer controlled channel selection means which includes a fine tuning arrangement; means for initiating a sweep of available channels by the channel selection means; means for stopping the sweep on reception of a signal and means, operable on cessation of sweeping and responsive to the frequency of the signal, and arranged to control the fine tuning arrangement to compensate for frequency drift of the signal.
- Direct channel calling capability feature both keyboard and remote control.
This set has even an auto diagnose system for chassis level fault servicing capability.
If a Fault occurs a code will be displayed on the program/channel led display. Such code is an address feature to send servicing properly a chassis zone referring a possible group of components generating that fault.
A self-diagnosing apparatus and a method for a Television apparatus which are capable of detecting errors of the apparatus, and classifying the errors for thus more effectively correcting the errors. The apparatus includes an operation state detection unit for detecting an operation state of a part of the apparatus, a self-diagnosing unit for checking an erroneous part based on an output signal from the operation state detection unit and checking a using state of a display for displaying an information which is used for correcting the error and externally transmitting the information. The conventional PHILIPS self-diagnosing content display apparatus for a TV includes a microcomputer for controlling the entire operation of an apparatus and controlling a self-diagnosing content display operation, this is obtained with a preprogrammed microcomputer.The controller employs a perceptable indicator, usually a visual display. This indicator normally provides the TV user with information useful in operating the appliance when it is functioning properly. For example,program and channels, on the other hand, the visual display performs the additional function of providing the results of internally programmed diagnostic test performed in background in a continuous cycle comprising the normal functions tasks. The controller will determine the suspected point of failure and display a unique code in association therewith in the visual display. This code can be interpreted to determine the exact circuit that failed and to eliminate much of the time consumption random trouble shooting of controls entails. The microprocessor checks its major internal and input and output circuits for proper computation through key voltages across the chassis via pheriperals and I2IC Bus. If the program senses a discrepancy in the computation or recordation of data, a code corresponding to the error detected appears in the visual display panel. This code denotes the location of the failure in the control circuitry and or in specific groups or zones of the main chassis. Through the use of the self-diagnostic electronic controller, the system determines itself whether it is trouble free or not, like testing internal data busto determine if the microcomputer is faulty itself. Through the use of the self-diagnostic electronic controller, the system determines itself whether it is trouble free or not. It then becomes unnecessary for a service technican to change out a control board and substitute a replacement board to determine if the original control board is defective, unless the self diagnostic control determines that this should be done.
Such list of codes was awailable on the chassis service manual.
- Spatial Stereo Hi-Fi sound
- Many AV Connectivity even on the front
- Picture crisp LTI Feature control via remote.Sharpness is a perceptual feature, which is determined by the human visual system. In color television broadcasting standards, such as National Television System Committee (NTSC) and Phase Alteration by Line (PAL), for example, the limited bandwidth of the chrominance and the luminance signals produces relatively slow transitions, causing smeared edges in the received images.It is well known that the sharpness of a television image can be improved by enhancing contour portions of the image, and this method is widely applied to luminance signals which determine the shape of an object.
Various methods for sharpness enhancement have used edge transition to better improve the picture quality, but either lacked adaptability to the picture contents, degraded with noisy sequences and/or required complex hardware. Even though improving the edge transitions results in an improved overall sharpness, the lack of adaptability to the picture contents produces irritating artifacts and reduces the overall impression of sharpness improvement.
The LTI processing may comprise real time video sharpness enhancement, which adaptively sharpens a picture by improving the edge transitions (e.g., variable edge enhancement at different parts of the image) using wavelet transforms. The LTI processing may result in a significant enhancement of the perceived sharpness while avoiding the introduction of artifacts. The embodiments are not limited in this context.
The discussed here art of edge transient sharpness enhancement methods employ linear techniques which enhance frequencies that are already within the video image by using a linear high frequency boosting filter.
Other prior art edge transient sharpness enhancement methods employ highly non-linear techniques that attempt to steepen the edge transients without introducing so-called under and overshoots which are introduced by the linear techniques. As such, truly new high frequencies are introduced into the displayed video image.
The linear techniques are used in some prior art edge, like here,transient sharpness enhancement methods to symmetrically modify video signal edge transients on both sides of the edge transient center by steepening both sides of the edge transient substantially equally. Other prior art edge transient sharpness enhancement methods use the non-linear technique to steepen the sides of the edge transient, but all in a symmetrical manner.
These sets gave superb bright pictures and they're the last models series using a 2 board chassis design repectively low signal panel and high signal panel and a separated bottom placed big power supply unit, the PHILIPS K40, design before the all newer models using a monocarrier chassis unit placed on the bottom cabinet floor side and highly more integrated and little than this.
* This is even last television with the PHILIPS " K " chassis series !
Phonola - Società Anonima FIMI (Fabbrica Italiana Materiali Isolanti); Saronno - Milano
was an Italian manufacturer of radio and television.
Founded in 1929 as Phonola - Società Anonima FIMI (Fabbrica Italiana Materiali Isolanti); Saronno - Milano begun his activity which stopped due to 2nd WOLD WAR.
In 1945 they reprise the production of radio and Television.
in 1969 Phonola was acquired by Philips, later Phonola models are Philips clones
Actual company name and adress:
FIMI SRL, Via Saul Banfi 1, I-21047 Saronno (VA).
FIMI is a company of 'Royal Philips Electronics' and is a global leader in medical display solutions. Its products address a wide spectrum of medical applications ranging from Patient Monitoring to Medical Imaging (such as Ultrasound, Radiography, Magnetic Resonance, Computed Tomography, Surgery ) and to mobile Point of Care.
In the 90's was aquired from the group of Seleco and toghether they went to another Industry group called Formenti.
All these went to failing (Obviously) and they were aquired from SUPER/FLUO in 2006 which even failed in 2009, was dropped to a new society called SELEK TECHNOLOGY founded in 2010. ALL DIED !!!
Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V. (Royal Philips Electronics Inc.), most commonly known as Philips, (Euronext: PHIA, NYSE: PHG) is a multinational Dutch electronics corporation.
Philips is one of the largest electronics companies in the world. In 2009, its sales were €23.18 billion. The company employs 115,924 people in more than 60 countries.
Philips is organized in a number of sectors: Philips Consumer Lifestyles (formerly Philips Consumer Electronics and Philips Domestic Appliances and Personal Care), Philips Lighting and Philips Healthcare (formerly Philips Medical Systems).
he company was founded in 1891 by Gerard Philips, a maternal cousin of Karl Marx, in Eindhoven, Netherlands. Its first products were light bulbs and other electro-technical equipment. Its first factory survives as a museum devoted to light sculpture. In the 1920s, the company started to manufacture other products, such as vacuum tubes (also known worldwide as 'valves'), In 1927 they acquired the British electronic valve manufacturers Mullard and in 1932 the German tube manufacturer Valvo, both of which became subsidiaries. In 1939 they introduced their electric razor, the Philishave (marketed in the USA using the Norelco brand name).
Philips was also instrumental in the revival of the Stirling engine.
As a chip maker, Philips Semiconductors was among the Worldwide Top 20 Semiconductor Sales Leaders.
In December 2005 Philips announced its intention to make the Semiconductor Division into a separate legal entity. This process of "disentanglement" was completed on 1 October 2006.
On 2 August 2006, Philips completed an agreement to sell a controlling 80.1% stake in Philips Semiconductors to a consortium of private equity investors consisting of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. (KKR), Silver Lake Partners and AlpInvest Partners. The sale completed a process, which began December 2005, with its decision to create a separate legal entity for Semiconductors and to pursue all strategic options. Six weeks before, ahead of its online dialogue, through a letter to 8,000 of Philips managers, it was announced that they were speeding up the transformation of Semiconductors into a stand-alone entity with majority ownership by a third party. It was stated then that "this is much more than just a transaction: it is probably the most significant milestone on a long journey of change for Philips and the beginning of a new chapter for everyone – especially those involved with Semiconductors".
In its more than 115 year history, this counts as a big step that is definitely changing the profile of the company. Philips was one of few companies that successfully made the transition from the electrical world of the 19th century into the electronic age, starting its semiconductor activity in 1953 and building it into a global top 10 player in its industry. As such, Semiconductors was at the heart of many innovations in Philips over the past 50 years.
Agreeing to start a process that would ultimately lead to the decision to sell the Semiconductor Division therefore was one of the toughest decisions that the Board of Management ever had to make.
On 21 August 2006, Bain Capital and Apax Partners announced that they had signed definitive commitments to join the expanded consortium headed by KKR that is to acquire the controlling stake in the Semiconductors Division.
On 1 September 2006, it was announced in Berlin that the name of the new semiconductor company founded by Philips is NXP Semiconductors.
Coinciding with the sale of the Semiconductor Division, Philips also announced that they would drop the word 'Electronics' from the company name, thus becoming simply Koninklijke Philips N.V. (Royal Philips N.V.).
In the early years of Philips &; Co., the representation of the company name took many forms: one was an emblem formed by the initial letters of Philips ; Co., and another was the word Philips printed on the glass of metal filament lamps.
One of the very first campaigns was launched in 1898 when Anton Philips used a range of postcards showing the Dutch national costumes as marketing tools. Each letter of the word Philips was printed in a row of light bulbs as at the top of every card. In the late 1920s, the Philips name began to take on the form that we recognize today.
The now familiar Philips waves and stars first appeared in 1926 on the packaging of miniwatt radio valves, as well as on the Philigraph, an early sound recording device. The waves symbolized radio waves, while the stars represented the ether of the evening sky through which the radio waves would travel.
In 1930 it was the first time that the four stars flanking the three waves were placed together in a circle. After that, the stars and waves started appearing on radios and gramophones, featuring this circle as part of their design. Gradually the use of the circle emblem was then extended to advertising materials and other products.
At this time Philips’ business activities were expanding rapidly and the company wanted to find a trademark that would uniquely represent Philips, but one that would also avoid legal problems with the owners of other well-known circular emblems. This wish resulted in the combination of the Philips circle and the wordmark within the shield emblem.
In 1938, the Philips shield made its first appearance. Although modified over the years, the basic design has remained constant ever since and, together with the wordmark, gives Philips the distinctive identity that is still embraced today.
The first steps of CRT production by Philips started in the thirties with the Deutsche Philips Electro-Spezial gesellschaft in Germany and the Philips NatLab (Physics laboratory) in Holland. After the introduction of television in Europe, just after WWII there was a growing demand of television sets and oscilloscope equipment. Philips in Holland was ambitious and started experimental television in 1948. Philips wanted to be the biggest on this market. From 1948 there was a small Philips production of television and oscilloscope tubes in the town of Eindhoven which soon developed in mass production. In 1976 a part of the Philips CRT production went to the town of Heerlen and produced its 500.000'th tube in 1986. In 1994 the company in Heerlen changed from Philips into CRT-Heerlen B.V. specialized in the production of small monochrome CRT's for the professional market and reached 1.000.000 produced tubes in 1996. In this stage the company was able to produce very complicated tubes like storage CRT's.
In 2001 the company merged into Professional Display Systems, PDS worked on LCD and Plasma technology but went bankrupt in 2009. The employees managed a start through as Cathode Ray Technology which now in 2012 has to close it's doors due to the lack of sales in a stressed market. Their main production was small CRT's for oscilloscope, radar and large medical use (X-ray displays). New experimental developments were small Electron Microscopy, 3D-TV displays, X-Ray purposes and Cathode Ray Lithography for wafer production. Unfortunately the time gap to develop these new products was too big.
28 of September 2012, Cathode Ray Technology (the Netherlands), the last Cathode Ray Tube factory in Europe closed. Ironically the company never experienced so much publicity as now, all of the media brought the news in Holland about the closure. In fact this means the end of mass production 115 years after Ferdinand Braun his invention. The rapid introduction and acceptation of LCD and Plasma displays was responsible for a drastic decrease in sales. Despite the replacement market for the next couple of years in the industrial, medical and avionics sector.
The numbers are small and the last few CRT producers worldwide are in heavy competition.
Gerard Leonard Frederik Philips (October 9, 1858, in Zaltbommel – January 27, 1942, in The Hague, Netherlands) was a Dutch industrialist, co-founder (with his father Frederik Philips) of the Philips Company as a family business in 1891. Gerard and his younger brother Anton Philips changed the business to a corporation by founding in 1912 the NV Philips' Gloeilampenfabrieken. As the first CEO of the Philips corporation, Gerard laid with Anton the base for the later Philips multinational.
Early life and education
Gerard was the first son of Benjamin Frederik David Philips (1 December 1830 – 12 June 1900) and Maria Heyligers (1836 – 1921). His father was active in the tobacco business and a banker at Zaltbommel in the Netherlands; he was a first cousin of Karl Marx.
Gerard Philips became interested in electronics and engineering. Frederik was the financier for Gerard's purchase of the old factory building in Eindhoven where he established the first factory in 1891. They operated the Philips Company as a family business for more than a decade.
Marriage and family
On March 19, 1896 Philips married Johanna van der Willigen (30 September 1862 – 1942). They had no children.
Gerard was an uncle of Frits Philips, whom he and his brother brought into the business. Later they brought in his brother's grandson, Franz Otten.
Gerard and his brother Anton supported education and social programs in Eindhoven, including the Philips Sport Vereniging (Philips Sports Association), which they founded. From it the professional football (soccer) department developed into the independent Philips Sport Vereniging N.V.
Anton Frederik Philips (March 14, 1874, Zaltbommel, Gelderland – October 7, 1951, Eindhoven) co-founded Royal Philips Electronics N.V. in 1912 with his older brother Gerard Philips in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. He served as CEO of the company from 1922 to 1939.
Early life and education
Anton was born to Maria Heyligers (1836 – 1921) and Benjamin Frederik David Philips (December 1, 1830 – June 12, 1900). His father was active in the tobacco business and a banker at Zaltbommel in the Netherlands. (He was a first cousin to Karl Marx.) Anton's brother Gerard was 16 years older.
In May 1891 the father Frederik was the financier and, with his son Gerard Philips, co-founder of the Philips Company as a family business. In 1912 Anton joined the firm, which they named Royal Philips Electronics N.V.
During World War I, Anton Philips managed to increase sales by taking advantage of a boycott of German goods in several countries. He provided the markets with alternative products.
Anton (and his brother Gerard) are remembered as being civic-minded. In Eindhoven they supported education and social programs and facilities, such as the soccer department of the Philips Sports Association as the best-known example.
Anton Philips brought his son Frits Philips and grandson Franz Otten into the company in their times. Anton took the young Franz Otten with him and other family members to escape the Netherlands just before the Nazi Occupation during World War II; they went to the United States. They returned after the war.
His son Frits Philips chose to stay and manage the company during the occupation; he survived several months at the concentration camp of Vught after his workers went on strike. He saved the lives of 382 Jews by claiming them as indispensable to his factory, and thus helped them evade Nazi roundups and deportation to concentration camps.
Philips died in Eindhoven in 1951.
Marriage and family
Philips married Anne Henriëtte Elisabeth Maria de Jongh (Amersfoort, May 30, 1878 – Eindhoven, March 7, 1970). They had the following children:
* Anna Elisabeth Cornelia Philips (June 19, 1899 – ?), married in 1925 to Pieter Franciscus Sylvester Otten (1895 – 1969), and had:
o Diek Otten
o Franz Otten (b. c. 1928 - d. 1967), manager in the Dutch electronics company Philips
* Frederik Jacques Philips (1905-2005)
* Henriëtte Anna Philips (Eindhoven, October 26, 1906 – ?), married firstly to A. Knappert (d. 1932), without issue; married secondly to G. Jonkheer Sandberg (d. September 5, 1935), without issue; and married thirdly in New York City, New York, on September 29, 1938 to Jonkheer Gerrit van Riemsdijk (Aerdenhout, January 10, 1911 – Eindhoven, November 8, 2005). They had the following children:
o ..., Jonkheerin Gerrit van Riemsdijk (b. Waalre, October 2, 1939), married at Waalre on February 17, 1968 to Johannes Jasper Tuijt (b. Atjeh, Koeta Radja, March 10, 1930), son of Jacobus Tuijt and wife Hedwig Jager, without issue
o ..., Jonkheerin Gerrit van Riemsdijk (b. Waalre, April 3, 1946), married firstly at Calvados, Falaise, on June 6, 1974 to Martinus Jan Petrus Vermooten (Utrecht, September 16, 1939 – Falaise, August 29, 1978), son of Martinus Vermooten and wife Anna Pieternella Hendrika Kwantes, without issue; married secondly in Paris on December 12, 1981 to Jean Yves Louis Bedos (Calvados, Rémy, January 9, 1947 – Calvados, Lisieux, October 5, 1982), son of Georges Charles Bedos and wife Henriette Louise Piel, without issue; and married thirdly at Manche, Sartilly, on September 21, 1985 to Arnaud Evain (b. Ardennes, Sedan, July 7, 1952), son of Jean Claude Evain and wife Flore Halleux, without issue
o ..., Jonkheerin Gerrit van Riemsdijk (b. Waalre, September 4, 1948), married at Waalre, October 28, 1972 to Elie Johan François van Dissel (b. Eindhoven, October 9, 1948), son of Willem Pieter
(To see the Internal Chassis Just click on Older Post Button on bottom page, that's simple !)